Access Statement for Viking Guest House
The Viking Guest House is a high quality guest house in the heart of Broadstairs just 150yards from the beach and a short walk from all amenities in the town. Parking is free on street outside our property. We cater for cyclists and cycles can be securely parked. A full English breakfast is provided and vegetarians can be catered for.
- We can be contacted by phone on 01843 862375, email on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website on www.vikingguesthouse.co.uk where online bookings can also be made.
- WiFi is available.
- We are about half a mile or ten minutes walk from the train station which also has a taxi rank and the nearest bus stop serving Thanet is less than 100 yards away.
- Broadstairs town centre is within five minutes walk.
- Local taxis can be ordered to the guest house and are within five minutes walk away.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Parking is free on street outside the guest house and we can assist with bags if required.
- Drop off is available outside the metal driveway gate adjacent to the guest house prior to locating parking on street.
- There is a dropped kerb at the drop off point and all surfaces are hard standing.
- There are no speed bumps outside or near the guest house.
- Contact phone and web details are displayed on the sign outside our property and phone details are also displayed in our front porch.
- For guests who arrive outside designated arrival times there is a key safe in our front porch where keys can be accessed by prior arrangement.
- The surface from the street parking to our front door is flat and well lit at night.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The entrance to the guest house is via our front door into the entrance hallway where there is seating.
- There is both a door bell and door knocker to notify your arrival.
- The entrance hall and landing are lit at night and lighting is controlled by switches in the hall and landing. Natural light during the day is good in these areas.
- There are fifteen standard stair steps to the first floor bedrooms landing and hand rail banisters are provided.
- We can assist with carrying luggage up the stairs to the rooms and also carrying down when departing.
- Access to the guest house when staying is 24 hours using the keys provided.
- Details of guest house facilities, breakfast and departure times are provided on arrival.
- Room price details, facilities, breakfast and departure times are provided pictorially in our hallway.
- There is a low step up from the entrance porch into the hallway which is flat.
- In the entrance hall there is also a door to the breakfast room and two doors marked private to the owners quarters.
- Door frames and doors are colour contrasted.
Public Areas Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- The ground floor public areas comprise the entrance hall and breakfast room all on the same level. All areas are carpeted.
- There are fifteen standard steps with banister rails to assist to the first floor landing where the bedrooms are located.
- Bedroom doors are numbered and colour coded for easy location.
- The stairway and landing areas ae carpeted.
- Door frames and doors are colour contrasted.
Public Areas Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- The public areas comprise the entrance hall, breakfast room and stairway to the bedrooms landing.
- All areas are carpeted and stair banister rails are provided.
- Light switches to control lighting in these areas are available with a dimmer light switch in the breakfast room.
- There are fifteen standard steps to the first floor bedrooms landing.
- The breakfast room and entrance hall are on the ground level.
- Door frames and doors in public areas are colour contrasted.
- Signage in these areas is pictorial.
- All internal doors are wood.with the front entrance door wood with the top half stained glass.
- All bedrooms are ensuite.
- Bedrooms have tea and coffee making facilities and are supplied with complimentary biscuits and water.
- Hair dryers are supplied in all rooms.
- All rooms have a television.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the guest house.
- Wi Fi is available.
- All rooms have radio alarm clocks.
- We can store specialist items in our fridge upon request.
- If you need any assistance then please ask for help.
- Details of telephone numbers in case of emergency are available in the room information brochures
Viking Guest House,
West Cliff Avenue,
Kent, CT10 1QA.
Local accessible taxi numbers:
Taxi telephone 01843 888888
To constantly strive to give the best possible service to our guests.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01843862375 or email email@example.com